Music is one of my hobbies. I’ve written several items relating to music. Right now I don’t have very much in an Internet-ready format. Watch for updates.
Singing Group Resources
- The Story of Jesus: A Choral Christmas Program: Christmas is about more than just the birth of Jesus. It’s really a celebration of the plan of salvation. This program focuses on the story of Jesus throughout history.
- For people doing music in person with Scott Severance only: Music resources
Songs and arrangements
Here’s an a capella SATB arrangement of the old hymn “’Tis Marvelous and Wonderful.”
Here are some songs I’ve written. I don’t have good recording equipment and I recorded them in a hurry, so the quality is low, the tracks aren’t synched properly, etc. Hopefully, they’re good enough for you to get the gist. The recordings have guitar on the left channel and vocals on the right channel. That way, you can have just one, if you like.
- Don’t Copy: Sheet music (PDF) | MP3 Recording (1.29 MB)
- Wanderings (Psalm 107): Words with guitar chords | MP3 Recording (2.87 MB)
- Rhythm in the Church: A Seventh-day Adventist Perspective
- The Psychological Effects of Music: This is a paper I wrote when I was a sophomore at Southwestern Adventist University. I now believe it to be very biased—in fact, I no longer agree with my conclusion in this paper. I’m keeping this paper here for archival purposes. Hey, someone might be interested in reading a biased paper. After all, there is a shortage of biased material in the Internet, right? ;-)